Air Operations Technical Compliance Specialist
Location: Vandalia, OH
Air Operations Technical Compliance Specialist
• Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
• Reports To: Vice President, Air Operations
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: 25% travel required
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Air Operations Technical Compliance Specialist will provide auditing and guidance to assure Air Operations performs according to published policies and procedures. Provide follow up and surveillance when risks are identified and mitigations are implemented to ensure no new or unexpected risk has been introduced as a result of the mitigations utilized, and to ensure mitigations are working in the manner that was expected with regard to risk reduction. This position will regularly complete IOSA and DOD audit questions to ensure Air Operations remains in compliance with directives and ISARPS that are regularly updated by DOD and IATA. This position will interface with the Safety Department to ensure the latest safety trends, or regulatory issues are addressed by Air Operations leadership as quickly and efficiently as possible. Job Responsibilities
• Administer and audit safety risk management processes within Air Operations, Flight Training and Standards and Inflight that support the principles of Safety Management Systems (SMS)
• Enforce departmental safety objectives, policies, and procedures, which support Company goals through close coordination with the Company Safety, Security, and Environmental Department.
• Coordinate with the Director of Flight Operations, Director of Flight Training and Standards, Director of Inflight, Director of Flight Ops Development, and Director of Flight Operations Technical to ensure safety goals and processes are met.
• Represent the Company Air Operations to the FAA, RAA, and NTSB
• Investigate air operations involvement in any operational incidents/accident-related activities.
• Conducting root cause analysis when incidents occur, or when noncompliance issues arise.
• Comply with safety risk management processes within Air Operations supporting safety management system (SMS) principles.
• Actively monitor risk mitigations that are implemented to ensure they are effective and that they do not introduce new risks.
• Coordinate with the chief pilots, fleet captains, and technical pilots to ensure operational safety of general procedures.
• Prepare monthly presentation of the Operations Reports.
• Assist with FAA regulatory correspondence
• Support the Air Operations emergency response plan.
• Develop and implement strategies communicating Company goals and department performance requirements to all department personnel.
• Analyze new products to ensure safety enhancement.
• Ensure corporate standards an affirmative action programs are communicated and implemented.
• Accomplish Company goals and department performance objectives (i.e., assigned tasks).
• Attend other operational department data analysis working group meetings.
• Ensure quality assurance of Air Operations programs.
• Monitor and review the results of the Air Operations internal audit program and pilot operations reports.
• Accomplish daily sift/review of Operations reports and prepare consolidated report to operational areas
• Track and follow up with appropriate departments for corrective action completion.
• Assist with Air Operations risk assessments, change management, and report monthly to track completions/trend.
• Routinely audit Air Operations departments to ensure they remain in compliance with IATA
• ISARPS and DOD requirements
• Supervise, train, monitor, and assess staff member performance in SMS.
• Bachelor’s degree (engineering or technical)
• Root cause analysis training/experience
• Understanding of SMS policies and procedures
• 5+ years of aviation safety or SMS background and flight experience
• Full understanding of:
o Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
o 14 CFR Chapter 1 (Federal Aviation Regulations)
o The certificate holder’s operations specifications
• Experience in:
o Flight operations
o SMS training and WEB EOC
o Emergency response
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Competencies
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Accessing/maneuvering electronic information sources
• Deductive reasoning
• Organization Additional Information Work Environment:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Security Clearance:
All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen. AAP/EEO Statement:
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.